Wednesday, September 19, 2012

OFFICIAL WIFE: In Response to What do I get out of church?

I always ask Alex to look at my posts before I make them public. I want to be honest, but I don't want to offend anyone too badly. He knows people, in general. This is an area of expertise he has-- and he knows the specific audience. He tells me who reads.

He wanted me to review his most recent post because he mentioned me.

"But I have to mow the lawn EVERY WEEK." This is a really good analogy.

"My wife asks me every Sunday upon my return from church how it was." What he doesn't talk about is what I say on Fridays, "Was Jesus there?" It takes two. Oh, how well aware am I of this, as a person who does not attend church. I know he's sad when no one else shows up. He's struggled but conquered and rarely cancels anymore. His entry, "I am the Choir," really resonates with my current experience and my history.

I just wanted you to know that I ask, not just, "How was church?" but also, on Fridays, "Was Jesus there?" It's a big deal for both of us. I am aware that I am staying quite comfortably at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment